We are pleased to offer employees the following health benefits. Benefits are effective according to the rules established by the insurance company. Benefits may be subject to change and are fully described in the each plan's policy documentation.
- Medical Benefits - Bucknell has a self-funded health insurance program administered by Geisinger Health Options.
- Dental Benefits - Bucknell offers a comprehensive dental plan with two passive PPO (Preferred Provider Organization) options. Faculty and staff who wish to elect dental insurance may choose a high option or low option dental plan.
- Vision Benefits - Vision insurance is provided through Vision Benefits of America's nationwide network of participating providers. Bucknell also offers a discount eyewear program through Outlook Vision.
- Flexible Spending Accounts - Health care and/or dependent care flexible spending accounts to pay for certain health and dependent care expenses while reducing federal income and social security taxes.
- Accidental Injury and Hospital Indemnity Benefits - Voluntary plans that pay a cash payment directly to the subscriber, for medical expenses related to hospitalization or an injury. This cash payment can be used to offset medical costs (such as deductibles or copays), pay bills, or can be used for anything else the subscriber needs.
In addition to the health benefits listed above, the University also offers the following insurance products to help protect the financial livelihood of our employees.
- University provided life and long-term disability - The University provides each benefits eligible employee with a life insurance policy valued at 1 times their base salary, capped at $50,000. All full-time benefits eligible employees are also provided a long-term disability policy after their one year anniversary, which covers up to 60% of their salary in the event of a disability.
- Voluntary Life Insurance - Employees may elect additional life insurance coverage for themselves, their spouse/spousal equivalent, and/or dependent children.
- Voluntary Accidental Death & Dismemberment (AD&D) - Employees may also elect additional coverage in case of accidental death, for themselves and their family.