Voluntary AD&D Insurance
This plan covers loss of life, limb, hearing, sight, speech, and other losses, including life, due to an accident. There is coverage for both you and/or your eligible dependents. This coverage is guaranteed and does not require a medical questionnaire.
|Up to:||Monthly Payroll||Bi-Weekly Payroll|
|$100,000 Employee only||$2.50 per month||$1.15 per pay|
|$100,000 Employee, $50,000 spouse/equivalent, and/or $10,000 per child||$4.20 per month||$1.94 per pay|
- The employee's a spouse/spousal equivalent
- Unmarried child(ren) who meet the following requirements:
- A child 6 months of age but less than 19 years old;
- A child who is 19 or more years old but less than 24 years old, enrolled in a school as a full-time student and primarily supported by the Employee;
- A child who is 19 or more years old, primarily supported by the Employee and incapable of self-sustaining employment by reason of a mental or physical handicap. (Proof of the child's condition and dependence must be submitted to the Insurance Company within 31 days after the date the child ceases to qualify as a Dependent for reasons 1 or 2 listed above.)
The term "child" means a child born to or legally adopted by the employee. The term includes a child during any waiting period prior to the finalization of the child's adoption. It also means a stepchild, including a Spousal Equivalent’s child, living with and financially dependent upon the Employee.
Employees may not cover spouses/partners who are also employees of the University. If both parents work for the University, children cannot have duplicate policies by being covered by each parent.